To Submit Your Ideas
You are entering the IdeaScale web site where you can post your comments and ideas.
The purpose of the IdeaScale site is to create an ongoing dialogue on transparency, participation, collaboration at Social Security. Your comments are important to us and we encourage your ideas. In order to foster a productive dialogue, we ask that you follow our posting ground rules.
Social Security benefit inquiries/comments should not be submitted. We ask that you submit your questions through normal SSA channels (see Contact Us). Any posts with benefit inquiries/comments will not be responded to and will be removed from the forum; such posts do not protect benefit filing rights.
- Threatening, slanderous or obscene language
- Personal attacks
- Discriminatory language (including hate speech) based on race, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability
- Sexually explicit material and other material that would violate the law if published here
- Ideas or comments that promote services or products (non-commercial links that are relevant to this web site are OK)
- Repetitive posts (for example, if you submit the same idea multiple times)
- Embedded media, such as videos or photos (but hyperlinks to such media are OK)
- Spam or undecipherable language (gratuitous links will be viewed as spam)
- Copyright infringement
- Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., social security numbers, postal and email addresses, phone numbers)
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments.
The appearance of external, non-Social Security links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Social Security Administration.
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, moderating and posting of comments will occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Ideas submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as early as possible; in most cases, this means the next business day.
SSA does not guarantee or warranty that the information posted by individuals on the Open Social Security Forum is correct, and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information.